|Gemini designs and builds all of our extrusion equipment on site. Our machine shop specializes in rebuilding extrusion and injection screws, and barrel repairs.|
The cost of rebuilt screw is approximately 60% to 70% of the cost of a new screw, with faster delivery. Worn screws are subject to the following procedures:
- Stripped of plating
- O.D. ground undersized
- O.D. preheated and overlaid with hard surfacing alloy
- Cooled and straightened
- O.D. rough ground near finished dimension
- The sides of flights are automatically ground in order to maintain a constant flight
- Root diameter is highly polished
- Checked for straightness and final O.D. grinding
- Final polish before plating
- Hard Chrome or Nickel plated, if required
- Final polish after plating
Injection Barrel Repairs
Injection barrels usually wear at the very front, in the area of the sliding non-return valve. Repair of the worn injection barrel with bimetallic, air hardened tool steel, or nitride sleeves is usually desirable. The cost of re-sleeving is usually less than half the price of a new barrel in most cases.
E-mail us with your screw/barrel diameter and stroke length and we will provide you a quote.